Unitree A1 Robot Dog
Unitree A1 is a quadruped robot for the research & development of autonomous systems in the fields of Robot-Mesh Interaction (HRI), SLAM & Transportation. Due to the four legs, as well as the 12DOF, this robot can handle a variety of terrains. The A1 is based on almost 5 years of research and comes with a perfected drive & power management system, which enables a speed of 3.3m/s or 11.88km/h with an operating time of up to 2.5 hours. In addition, the motors have a torque of 33.5N.m, which also allows jumps or backflips.
Differences Between Basic Unitree A1 & Unitree A1 Explorer
Like the Explorer, the Basic version of the Unitree A1 also has an IntelRealsense 3D camera, but the computing operations are performed by a Raspberry Pi in the Basic version, whereas an NViDIA TX2 or NX is installed in the Explorer version. Of course, the Raspberry Pi cannot perform full image processing but is usually only the interface between the robot and the third-party device. Thus, the Basic variant is suitable for all those who want to install their own CPU & GPU, and the Explorer variant for all those who like to have a complete research platform “out of the box”.
Software of Unitree A1
The Unitree A1 comes standard with an ARM Cortex A72 CPU, which provides sufficient performance for SLAM, optional devices such as 2D LiDAR and much more. If desired, the A1 can be equipped with an Nvidia TX2, which also enables path planning, 3D-SLAM, CUDA and much more. The robot is based on an Ubuntu OS with ROS.
In addition, we provide complete simulation & visualization tools, such as Webots, Gazebo or RViZ. These tools have two major advantages. On the one hand, they allow feasibility studies without existing hardware as well as application development with minimal costs.
Higher Running Speed
- Maximum continuous outdoor running speed at 3.3m/s (11.88km/h).
- The fastest and most stable small and medium sized quadruped robot on the market. (World Record: 3.7m/s on a treadmill by MIT)
- With the potential to be a great jogging companion.
Excellent Motion Stability
Advanced dynamic balancing algorithm enables A1 to quickly reach balance in different situations like impact or fall.
This video clearly shows how A1 lost the ground under its feet due to high-speed running, but it still managed to quickly correct the position and continue the run.
Patented Power System
A1 Motor – The ultra thin, lightweight A1 Motor weighs only 605g and features large industrial grade cross roller bearing reducing axial impact and strain, promotes high accuracy and a long motor life. The motor has a maximum output torque of 33.5nm and a 21 rad / s joint maximum speed.
- The ultimate power system brings excellent performance, which is perfect of all kinds of robot competitions.
- Crucial for high-speed running.
Patented Body Structure and Layout
- High strength and light body structure. Easy to maintain. 24V external power input. 5V, 12V, 19V power supply. Convenient for additional external equipments.
- Equipped with high-performance dual master control (sensing master control and motion master control).
- External interface: 4USB, 2HDMI, 2*Ethernet
- Master control can be upgraded to TX2.
- Standard equipments include RealSense depth cameras.
- Capable of map building and obstacle avoidance.
Patented Sensitive foot contact
- Integrated force sensor at each foot end. Convenient for robots to obtain real-time contact states of feet under any situation.
- More accurate and sensitive than those systems that estimate feet contacts using motor currents.
- Integrate foot contact sensor with an estimated motor current foot sensor, providing more sensitivity and reliability
- The foot end is waterproof and dust-proof, and easy to replace after wear and tear.
Vision-based Autonomous Object Tracking
- Realtime tracking of objects within visual range.
- Support online machine learning of the target features.
- Displaying the confidence of tracking using color box (green → red, 100% → 0%)
Vision-based Autonomous Obstacle Avoidance
- Avoid obstacle within 0.8m of the robot’s visual range
- Capable of detecting the obstacle shapes to adjust the body position
- Realtime display of the adjustment of robot body, maximum distance and area within the visual angle, and the range of walking track.
Choose To Assemble High Precision Lidar
- Support map building, autonomous positioning, navigation planning and dynamic obstacle avoidance
- High Precision Lidar (Optional) – With the addition of a high precision lidar unit the A1 is able to support map building, autonomous positioning, navigation planning as well as dynamic obstacle avoidance.
Outstanding Software and Hardware Reliability
- More than 6 years in the field of quadruped robot
- One A1 robot performed backflip 80 times during CES 2020
- Used closed-loop backflip algorithm to ensure motion stability
- Dimensions: 500 x 300 x 400mm
- Weight: 12Kg
- Speed: 3,3m/s (11,88km/h)
- Torque/Motor: 33,5N.m
- Rotation Speed / Motor: 21 rad/s
- RTOS: Ubuntu + ROS
- Runtime: 1 – 2,5h
Unitree A1 Kit Includes
- 1 x Unitree A1
- 1 x Unitree A1 Battery
- 1 x Unitree A1 Charger
- 1 x Unitree A1 Remote Controller
Order Unitree A1
1 review for Unitree A1